Friday, June 28, 2013

Wear Your Baby Out (Not The Other Way Around!)

Welcome to the June 2013 Authentic Parenting Blog Carnival: Babywearing This post was written for inclusion in the monthly Authentic Parenting Blog Carnival hosted by Authentic Parenting and Living Peacefully with Children. This month our participants have written about babywearing. We hope you enjoy this month's posts and consider joining us next month when we share about anger.
***
NZOne_SkyDiving_12

When I was in third grade, we did a career project.  We were randomly assigned careers based off what we drew out of a hat.  I got 'skydiving instructor' (!)

I was surprised to learn that when teaching beginners, instructors are required to go on tandem jumps--where the student and teacher jump out of the plane in a kind of skydiver shortstack. I didn't find the idea of being strapped to another person very appealing.  

How could I know as a mother I would spend so much time in that position!? (And that tandem would become such an integral part of my vocab!)

I don't have any insider secrets to share with you about babywearing.  I don't wear both of my twins at once (yet?), but I do find that when I wear one and EJ wears another, life tends to get a little easier.  

So I thought it would be fun to just share some of the instances when we do that.  Babywearing has allowed us to explore our new home in ways we wouldn't be able to with a stroller, and although we don't get out as much as we'd like, we do have a couple adventures you might like to see.  

Crathes Castle, Aberdeen

Crathes (pronounced to rhyme with 'crashes') is near where we live.  It was our first castle!  We've been there several times, both wearing the babies and with the stroller.  We did a tour of the inside, thanks to babywearing, although fussy babies probably would not be appreciated by the other tourists. 

We need to work on our babywearing selfies. 


I look forward to spending some more time at the Crathes gardens this summer, and I can just imagine taking the twins once they are older and can run around a bit. 

Edinburgh
It was EJ's idea to drive down to Edinburgh for a long weekend.  I was hesitant at first but we had such a great time.  The day we visited the castle we wore the twins all day long. 





Lots of people, lots of strollers.  I was glad we had our babies snuggled close as we trekked up and down hilly cobblestone paths.   
The view from the top was really amazing and looking at it just made you feel like a worldly person.  I also just loved walking around the streets of the city--old buildings and street performers! 
Yeah...still working on the selfies.  Notice how Astro is squished in there?

Dunnottar Castle, Stonehaven
We went to Stonehaven when my mom was here.  The castle was more like ruins, by the sea, and it was really cool.  I wish I'd done a little more research beforehand so I knew more about the history of it.

Yes, we really walked up all those steps!





Where has babywearing taken you? Please share in the comments!
Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com
***
APBC - Authentic Parenting 

 Visit Living Peacefully with Children and Authentic Parenting to find out how you can participate in next month's Authentic Parenting Blog Carnival, when we discuss anger!   Please take time to read the submissions by the other carnival participants: (This list will be live and updated by afternoon June 28 with all the carnival links.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...